Started in January 2015; BiologyDecoded was developed by then undergrad students of Biological Sciences and Bioinformatics from Pakistan. It aims to highlight current advancements in the field of Biological Sciences and Informatics in Pakistan. It is not just a web log it is a vision based on our national poet Allama Iqbal’s vision:
Sabaq phir parh sadaqat ka adalat ka shujat ka
Liya jayega ab tujh se kam dunya ki imamat ka
Our objectives are as follows:
– To create a rich database of Pakistan’s flora and fauna from which all students and researchers may benefit.
– To help raise greater scientific awareness in the country
– To inspire, guide and encourage those younger than us so that they may lead
– To pass on whatever knowledge we have and increase it in the process
– To present original ideas to the world and to encourage scientific journalism
– To help increase scope of Biology in the country
To make this successful we will be more than happy if Biology students around the country write for us. Since one of our objectives is scientific journalism, we highly discourage plagiarism. Copy and pasting material is NOT allowed. If however anything has to be copied the correct source should be mentioned in the article otherwise the article won’t be accepted for publication. References quoted from a research paper or even a website should be presented at the end of the article.
Last but never the least, we would like to thank our families, our teachers in COMSATS University. As well as thank our friends and mentors in IDEA Student’s Society and SpeechofPak.com for always encouraging us and without their vision and support we would not have been capable of taking this step. We are now incubated at COMSATS Business Incubation Centre and part of I2S Labs.
Apart from this blog we are also releasing the first printable version of BiologyDecoded magazine this upcoming month of July, 2017). Want to know more about it? Click here.
COMSATS Business Incubation Center, Biosciences Lab, Park Road, Tarlai Kalan, Islamabad 45550, Pakistan